GRILLED MOROCCAN CHICKEN
Prep Time: 20 min
Cooking Time : 60 min
- 1-1/2 lbs chicken drumsticks
- 1-1/2 lbs chicken breast
- Fresh tomatoes, optional
- 1/8 cup CHATKHAAR MOROCCAN Harissa Sauce (BUY HERE)
- 1/4cup olive oil
- 2 lemons, juice
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 /2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Celtic salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Fresh mint or coriander, chopped
- In a large bowl, place the marinade ingredients and mix. The marinade thickens.
- Place the chicken breast, not the floor, between plastic wrap and use a meat mallet to clarify chicken pounds. Light is 2-3 scores on each piece of chicken. Thus, the marinade will penetrate the flesh.
- In chicken breast and drumsticks to the bowl and toss with the marinade ensure that each piece of chicken is very well covered. I make this step with my hands. Let the chicken rest at room temperature for one hour or refrigerate covered overnight.
- Preheat broiler. Add the chicken pieces and cook over medium heat and cook for 5-7 minutes on each side depending on your grill. It may take a little longer.
- If you are using, you can cook tomatoes and lemons sliced in your grill to serve with the chicken, add the last 3-4 minutes.
Chicken is one of the best non-plant sources of protein.
Prep Time: 20 min
Cooking Time : 20 min
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄8 cup chopped almonds
- 1 garlic clove , minced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 4 whole boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon CHATKHAAR Morrocan Harissa (BUY HERE)
- 3/4 cups water
- 1/2 can chickpeas, drained
- 1 fresh tomato
- 1 tablespoon dried currants or 1 tablespoon raisins or 1 tablespoon craisins
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup Kalamata olive (optional)
- 1-1/2 cups hot cooked couscous or 3 cups cooked rice
- Heat oil in a large skillet or wok over medium heat until hot tagine.
- In almonds and cook until browned.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Add garlic, onion and chicken and then the same pan in which the beans are cooked.
- Saute for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Mix the harissa paste, water, raisins, honey, cumin and cinnamon.
- Add chicken mixture and mix well.
- In chick peas, tomatoes (cut into sixths or eighths) and olives, if using.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook covered.
- Stir gently and spray from time to time for 20 minutes.
- Add more water if needed.
- Serve over couscous (preferably) or rice.
- Garnish with chopped brown almonds.
Moroccan Chicken, Apricot and Almond Tagine
Apricots are an excellent source of vitamin A and carotene. 100 g fresh fruit or take 1,926 IU 64% of the daily required amount of vitamin A. These two compounds are known to have antioxidant properties and are for vision. Vitamin A is also necessary for maintaining healthy skin and mucusa. Consumption of natural fruits rich in carotenoids protect the body against lung and oral cavity.
Prep Time: 5 min
Cooking Time : 45 min
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 chicken thighs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 large yellow onion, peeled, halved, and thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon CHATKHAAR Morrocan Harissa
- Large pinch saffron, soaked in 1/4 cup warm water
- 1/2 cinnamon stick
- 3/4 cups canned diced tomatoes, drained (15-ounce can)
- 3/4 cups canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained (15-ounce can)
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, sliced into half moons
- Chopped flat-leaf parsley, for garnish
- Chopped fresh cilantro leaves, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat the canola oil in a large Dutch oven over high heat. Season the chicken with salt and pepper on both sides and place it in the hot pan, skin side down, in batches if necessary; cook until browned. Put to cook the thighs and 2 minutes. Remove chicken to a plate.
- Remove any 1 tablespoon oil from the pan and add olive oil and heat over medium heat. Add onion and cook until tender. Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Add the saffron with soaking liquid, cinnamon, tomatoes, chickpeas and apricots and boil. chicken in the mixture and bring to a boil. Cover is delicate on the stove or in the oven 35-40 minutes or until the meat. Do you have the cover to the chicken until now examine not remove. Garnish each serving with a spoonful of harissa sauce parsley and coriander.