- 2tbsp oil, for frying
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 2 bird’s eye chillies, de-seeded and finely sliced
- 200g lean minced beef
- 1 red onion, roughly sliced
- 2tbsp fish sauce
- 1tbsp light soy sauce
- 1tsp sugar
- 20 Thai sweet basil leaves (optional)
- Mixed lettuce leaves
- A handful chopped peanuts, garnish
- In a wok or frying pan, heat the oil and fry the garlic and chillies, stirring well, until the garlic begins to brown.
- Add the minced beef and stir fry over a high heat, breaking apart the meat and mixing in the garlic and chilli.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pan and continue to stir fry until the beef is cooked through. Arrange over the plated lettuce leaves and garnish with chopped peanuts.