- 8 ounce Tomato Sauce
- 2 teaspoons White Distilled Vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Minced Garlic
- 3 1/2 teaspoons ancho chile powder
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 2 teaspoons Oregano Leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 pounds bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts
- Adobo with Pepper, to taste
- 10 ounce Corn Tortillas, warmed
For the Garnish:
- 1/4 cup finely chopped white onion
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- In medium bowl, mix together tomato sauce, vinegar, garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano, and sugar. Season with Adobo.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Season chicken with Adobo. Cook chicken, turning once, until light golden brown on both sides, about 5 minutes. Add reserved tomato sauce mixture to pan; bring to a boil (be careful, the tomato sauce can splatter). Lower heat to medium low. Simmer, covered, until cooked through (thermometer will register 170 degrees F when inserted into thickest part of breast), flipping once, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to cutting board; reserve sauce in pan. Remove and discard bones and skin. Using two forks, shred chicken breast. Transfer chicken to skillet with sauce, mixing to combine; continue to cook until sauce reduces and blends into chicken, and mixture begins to caramelize, about 10 minutes more.
- Transfer chicken mixture to serving bowl. Spoon into warmed corn tortillas. Garnish with lettuce, tomatoes, avocados and/or onions, if desired. Sprinkle with hot sauce, if desired.
- Serve it with CHATKHAAR Sweet Chilli Sauce.