- 1 (3.5 ounce) link sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 cups beef stock
- 1/3 cup water
- 4 tomatoes – peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 8 ounces cheese tortellini
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese for topping
- Place the sausage in a large pot over medium high heat and sauté for 10 minutes, or until well browned. Drain the fat except for about 1 tablespoon.
- Add the onions and garlic and sauté for 5 more minutes.
- Next add the beef stock, water, tomatoes, carrots, basil, oregano and tomato sauce. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes, skimming any fat that may surface.
- Add the zucchini, tortellini, green bell pepper and parsley to taste. Simmer for 10 minutes, or until tortellini is fully cooked. Pour into individual bowls and garnish with the cheese.
- Serve it with CHATKHAAR Portuguese Piri Piri Sauce.