Whole black lentils 1 cup
Butter 3 tbsp
Medium onion 1 chopped
Green finger chilies 2 chopped
Garlic cloves 2 chopped
Salt to taste
Turmeric ½ tsp
Hot chili powder ¼ tsp
Red kidney beans 1 cup
Ginger 1 tsp
Garam masala 1 tsp
Milk 1 cup
Coriander leaves 1 hand full
1. Soak the lentils and red beans in water overnight.
2. Boil both by adding 1 jug of water.
3. Cover and simmer for half an hour, until the lentils are tender.
4. In a pan, melt butter.
5. Add the onion, chilies, garlic and fry for 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Add the salt, turmeric, chili powder, half garam masala, and then add the lentils and remaining cooking water.
7. Mix and add the ginger.
8. Fry over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, and simmer for 10 minutes.
9. Sprinkle over the garam masala and put the remaining butter on top.
10. Swirl in the milk and sprinkle over the coriander.
11. Serve with CHATKHAAR GREEN CHILI PICKLE.