Beef Steam Roast
Beef with Bones (large pieces) 6 to 8 approx. 1 kg
White vinegar 1 cup
Plain yogurt 1 cup
Red chili flakes 2 tsp
Ginger garlic paste 2 tbsp
Cumin powder 1 tbsp
Allspice powder 1 tsp
Nutmeg powder a pinch
Salt to taste
Ketchup 2 tbsp
Dried plums 10 to 12 (soaked in warm water)
Oil as required
Aluminum foil as required
1. Wash beef pieces and remove all excess fat.
2. Place beef pieces in a large bowl.
3. Add vinegar, ginger garlic paste and half of the total salt.
4. Leave it for 3 hours then drain.
5. Heat oil in a deep pot.
6. Fry beef pieces in hot oil for 5-8 minutes or until lightly golden.
7. Remove from oil and leave it to cool completely.
8. Remove seeds from the plums and drain all the water.
9. In a separate bowl, add yogurt, red chili, cumin, nutmeg powder, allspice powder, ketchup, dried plums, and salt. Mix well.
10. Apply this mixture over fried beef.
11. Leave it for 30 minutes and wrap beef pieces in aluminum foil.
12. Now steam for 1 to 1-1/2 hour or until meat is tender.
13. Beef steam is ready now.
14. Serve hot with Honey Mustard.