- Rice: 1/2 cup
- Toor dal: 1/2 cup
- Oil: 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds: 1 tsp
- Asafoetida (Hing): 1/4 tsp
- Garlic: 1 clove, chopped
- Sambar masala: 1 tbsp
- Turmeric powder: 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder: 1 tsp
- Tamarind: 1 tbsp, soaked in water
- Water: 2 cup
- Salt: to taste
Mix Vegetables for Sambar:
- Tomato: 1 piece, chopped
- Drumstick: 1/2 piece, chopped
- Potato: 1 piece, chopped
- Green beans: 10 pieces, chopped
- Onion: 1 piece, chopped
- Carrot: 1/2 piece, chopped
- Boil the rice and toor dal together in the presser cooker
- In a pan heat the oil and add mustard seeds and let it crackle then add asafetida, garlic. Add all the Vegetable (Tomato, Drumstick, Potato, Beans, Onion, Carrot) and stir it well.
- Now add the Sambar masala, Turmeric powder, Chilli powder, Tamarind water and Salt to taste. Add some water and Stir it.
- Let the vegetable get cooked then add the boiled rice and toor dal in the vegetables. Mix well all the ingredients and cook for around 5min on low flame.
- Serve hot with CHATKHAAR Chicken Pickle.