- 3 tbsp fresh coconut grated
- 8 to 10 cashew nuts
- 1 tbsp fried gram Chana Dal
- 1 tbsp roasted poppy seeds (optional).
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1 star anise
- 1 strand mace (optional)
- ½ tsp cumin
- 2 green cardamoms
- 2 to 3 cloves
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 1 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 ½ tsp ginger garlic paste
- ¾ cup finely chopped tomatoes
- salt as needed
- ¾ cup beans
- ¾ cup carrot
- ¾ to 1 cup cauliflower
- ¾ cup potatoes
- ½ cup green peas
- ¾ to 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 to 1 ¼ tsp garam masala
- ¼ tsp saunf powder or ½ tsp saunf
- few coriander leaves
- 1 ½ cups water
- Make a fine paste of the ingredients mentioned under to grind with little water. Set aside
- Heat a pot and fry dry spices until they sizzle.
- Fry onions until the raw smell goes off.
- Fry ginger garlic paste until the raw smell goes off.
- Fry tomatoes with salt until mushy and soft.
- Add all the spice powders, coriander leaves and fry in the pot.
- Add the ground paste and fry for few minutes until the masala leaves smells good.
- Add veggies and mix well. Fry for few minutes and then add water. Adjust salt if needed.
- Cook until the veggies are cooked. Garnish with coriander leaves.
- Serve it with CHATKHAAR Chicken Pickle.