- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 2 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1kg chuck steak, cut into 2.5cm cubes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup Real Stock Beef
- Steamed Basmati Rice, to serve
- Raita (optional) to serve
- Coriander, mint and sliced red chilli, (optional) to serve
Combine coriander, cumin, turmeric, pepper, chili, garlic, ginger and lemon juice in a bowl to form a paste.
Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large saucepan over high heat. Add half the beef. Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until browned. Transfer to a bowl. Repeat with remaining oil and beef.
Reduce heat to medium. Add spice paste. Cook for 1 minute. Return beef to saucepan. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute, or until meat is coated with paste. Add tomato paste and stock. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover. Cook for 1 hour 45 minutes, or until beef is tender.
Serve it with CHATKHAAR Green Chilli Pickle.