- Beef – 1 Kg
- Potatoes – 3 (medium)
- Ginger – A small piece(chopped to small pieces)
- Red onion – 2 (chopped to small pieces)
- Green chili – 5 (chopped to small pieces)
- Coriander leaves – 3 springs(chopped finely)
- Curry leaf – 3 sprigs (chopped finely)
- Oil – As reqd
- Meat Masala – 3 tbsp
- Salt – As required
- Eggs – 3 (beaten)
- Breadcrumbs – 6 tbs
- For preparing kerala beef cutlet, cook potatoes in a preassure cooker until it becomes soft.After sometime take the potatoes out, peel and smash it.
- Slice beef into small pieces. Then wash and drain the water out.
- Take a preassure cooker and put the beef into it.Add required salt and 1 tbsp meat masala. Allow it to cook until the beef is tender.
- Remove the cooked beef and allow it to cool. Then grind it.
- Take a deep frying pan and fry onion, ginger, green chilly and curry leaves.
- Once it is fried, add 2 tbsp meat masala and saute it.
- Add the ground beef, smashed potatoes and coriander leaves. Mix well.Allow it to cool.
- Then take the eggs in a bowl and mix well.
- Take the beef mixture, make medium sized balls and using the palm make oval shaped cutlets.
- Heat oil in a pan. Dip the balls in egg and then bread crumbs.
- Deep fry to a golden brown color.
- Serve it with CHATKHAAR’S Green Chili Chutney