- 1 ½ cup of basmati rice (soaked for at least 10 mins)
- 1 potato cubed
- 1 carrot chopped
- Fistful of green peas
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 tbsp. ginger garlic paste
- Fistful of mint leaves
- Coriander leaves (optional)
- 1 to 2 green chili
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice (optional)
- 1 ½ to 2 tsp. Biryani Masala Powder (adjust to suit your taste)
- 2 ½ cups water or thin coconut milk
- 2 to 3 tbsp. Oil
- fried capsicum for garnish (optional)
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 green cardamoms
- 1 star anise
- Two 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 6 cloves
- ½ tsp. Cumin
- Few pepper corn (optional)
- Soak rice for at least 10 minutes. Drain the water and set aside.
- Add oil to a pressure cooker and heat it.
- Add spices and fry till you get a nice aroma for one to 2 minutes. Fry onions until golden. Add ginger garlic paste and fry until the raw smell has gone.
- Add all chopped vegetables, fry for about 2 minutes.
- Add mint leaves, biryani masala and fry for 2 more minutes.
- Measure and pour water or coconut milk, salt and lemon juice.
- When the water begins to boil, add rice and stir
- Close the lid and let the cooker whistle once on a low flame. Off the stove and when the pressure goes down, open the lid and fluff up.
- Serve it with CHATKHAAR Chicken Pickle.