- Mutton 250 gms
- Wheat 1 cup
- Masoor dal a handful
- Channa dal a handful
- Moong dal a handful
- Onions, fried 2
- Coriander powder 1 tsp
- Ginger/garlic paste 2 tsps
- chilli powder 1 tsp
- Ghee 4 tbsps
- Turmeric 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Soak the wheat overnight, drain and pound.
- Heat 6-8 cups of water in a heavy bottomed vessel.
- Add dal, wheat and mutton along with ginger-garlic paste, turmeric, coriander powder, red chilli powder and salt when the water begins to the boil.
- Cook on low flame till the mutton turns tender.
- Mash the mutton. Add sliced and fried onions.
- Heat ghee and pour it over the haleem.
- Delicious haleem is ready.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice and garnish.
- Serve it with CHATKHAAR Plum Chutney.