- 4 cups (1L) beef stock
- 1 red onion, halved, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 4cm-piece ginger, peeled, finely grated
- 2 star anise
- 1 cinnamon quill
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 750g Coles Australian Beef chuck casserole steak, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 125g vermicelli noodles
- 2 bok choy, trimmed, leaves separated
- 100g snow peas, trimmed, sliced in half diagonally
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup coriander leaves, to serve
- 1/2 red chilli, thinly sliced
- Place stock, 1L (4 cups) water, onion, garlic, ginger, star anise, cinnamon and soy sauce in a large stock pot. Bring to the boil over high heat. Add beef and reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered for 1 hour, skimming the surface when required.
- Remove lid and simmer for a further 30 mins. Add fish sauce, noodles, bok choy, snow peas and simmer for 2 mins or until noodles soften and vegetables are tender.
- Ladle soup into bowls and top with spring onions, coriander and chilli.