- Beef with Bones (large pieces) 6 to 8 approx. 1 kg
- White vinegar 1 cup
- Plain yogurt 1 cup
- Red chili flakes 2 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste 2 tbsp
- Cumin powder 1 tbsp
- All spice powder 1 tsp
- Nutmeg powder a pinch
- Salt to taste
- Ketchup 2 tbsp
- Dried plums 10 to 12 (soaked in warm water)
- Oil as required
- Aluminum foil as required
- Wash beef pieces and remove all excess fat.
- Place beef pieces in a large bowl.
- Add vinegar, ginger garlic paste and half of the total salt.
- Leave it for 3 hours then drain.
- Heat oil in a deep pot.
- Fry beef pieces in hot oil for 5-8 minutes or until light golden.
- Remove from oil and leave it to cool completely.
- Remove seeds from the plums and drain all the water.
- In a separate bowl, add yogurt, red chili, cumin, nutmeg powder, all spice powder, ketchup, dried plums and salt. Mix well.
- Apply this mixture over fried beef.
- Leave it for 30 minutes and wrap beef pieces in aluminum foil.
- Now steam for 1 to 1-1/2 hour or until meat is tender.
- Beef steam is ready now.
- Serve hot with Honey Mustard.