- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1 bunch coriander, roughly chopped into stalks and leaves
- 1 small green chili, chopped into small pieces
- 1 large cauliflower, leaves removed
- 3 large potatoes, peeled and cut into even pieces
- 2(8 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- fresh garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons Garam Masala
- Heat vegetable oil in a large saucepan.
- Add the chopped onion and one teaspoon of cumin seeds to the oil.
- Stir together and cook until onions become creamy, golden, and translucent.
- Add chopped coriander stalks, two teaspoons of turmeric, and one teaspoon of salt.
- Add chopped chillis (according to taste) Stir tomatoes into onion mixture.
- Add ginger and garlic; mix thoroughly.
- Add potatoes and cauliflower to the sauce plus a few tablespoons of water (ensuring that the mixture doesn’t stick to the saucepan).
- Ensure that the potatoes and cauliflower are coated with the curry sauce.
- Cover and allow to simmer for twenty minutes (or until potatoes are cooked).
- Add two teaspoons of Garam Masala and stir.
- Sprinkle chopped coriander leaves on top of the curry.
- Turn off the heat, cover, and leave for as long as possible before serving.
- Serve it with CHATKHAAR Chicken Pickle.